St. Paul's Evangelical Lutheran Church
St. Paul's church has brought God's presence to this community since before the time of the Civil War. Some significant dates are:
1851 St. Paul's was formed as a mission church of nearby St. John's Church.
In that same year. Mr. Joe Brown, W.m. Metzger and J.S. Gladhill pledge $1200 towards the building of this church.
1855 The conerstone was laid. The total cost was $3100.
1872 The church was destroyed by fire.
1874 St. Paul's was rebuilt and rededicated at a cost of $7000.
The years between 1912 through the early nineteen twenties was a time of great growth and ministry. The Sunday School was formed with children's, men's and women's classes. A women's missionary society, "The Mite Society" was formed.
1922 The parsonage was built adjoining the church.
1926 The chancel was renovated as part of the addition of a new Moller pipe organ.
1953 The 100th Anniversary of St. Paul's was celebrated.
1967 The new Parish Educational Building was dedicated.
1988 A renovated and enlarged Moller pipe organ was rededicated.
| Worship services are held every Sunday at 10:30 AM. Communion is celebrated regularly throughout the year. Special congregational, community and joint parish services are also celebrated. Our Sunday School meets at 9:20 AM every Sunday morning with classes for all ages, nursery, through adult. |
Our worship is traditional and seeks to affirm the value of family worship. Our entire service is printed in our bulletin.